Mets Take On The Marlins in A Major League Game You Won’t Want to Miss
David Wright plays his final game as the New York Mets hope to show Miami’s Marlins who’s the real big fish!
Batter Up! I’m watching a nice baseball game with my Dad. He loves baseball. My grandma, Florence, was a loyal Mets fan. We used to eat dinner on a folded dinner table at her house. Did you ever use those? Dad is switching television from the game to Seinfeld which I just started to like.
David Wright is currently playing the last game he will ever play in! New York’s Mayor De Blasio has declared today “David Wright Day” in celebration of his career as a Met giving his all to his team by participating in America’s favorite pastime: Baseball. The thirdbase man of the orange and blue clad Mets was nicknamed “Captain America”. Mr. Wright is an exclusive member of the 30-30 club which celebrates athletes that have accomplished 30 homeruns and 30 stolen bases in a single season.
The World Baseball Classic invited the Norfolk, Virginia native to participate in 2009 and 2013.
What detergent do the Mets use to wash their uniforms? I ask because the uniforms are so vivid. I know that the Giants use Tide because they say “Official Sponsor of the New York Giants”.
Fun facts about the Queen’s stadium, Citi Field:
- A baseball park located in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in the New York City borough of Queens.
- Completed in 2009, it is the home field of the New York Mets of the National League division of Major League Baseball.
- Going to a game on Friday? You get a free t-shirt!
- Going to game on Saturday? You get to have a great time with romantic fireworks, family fun bobble heads, and more.
- Or, what about a game on Sunday? Participate in games with the entire family.
Anyway, tomorrow I plan on finishing up home project.
Have a good night and congratulations to David Wright on his continued success.
God Bless America