- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
1 cookie: 242 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.